Monday, March 31, 2008

DANCING WITH THE STARS


I promise you that when this show first came out, I was the last person I thought would become a fan. In fact, I refused to watch the first season at all. I thought it was the cheesiest idea I had ever heard of for a show. Cut to three years later, and you can't find a bigger fan. Actually, It makes more sense that I am a fan than it did when I wasn't, because I grew up taking dance class my whole life. But come on, a show where B list, or lower, celebrities learn how to dance, and ballroom dancing at that, that's an even dumber idea on paper than the SURREAL LIFE. Well color me wrong, because DANCING WITH THE STARS has turned out to be one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

First of all, the dancing is amazing, and the professionals can kick any sports star's butt. But don't worry, because if you are one of those people who don't enjoy watching people gallop around the stage, there is plenty for you as well. First of all you have gorgeous men and women dressed in skimpy clothes, I mean where else can you get that on a show that can still call itself family friendly. While many of the celebrities are decent to excellent dancers, there are plenty who don't seem to know their left feet from their right. Those rythmically challenged contestants actually provide some of the best stuff to the show. Anybody who has been watching for a while knows what I mean, if they had a chance to catch Master P in action. You would think that would be enough, but hold on to your hats because DANCING WITH THE STARS is lousy with drama as well.

Come on, you can't put that many good looking people together gyrating to sexy music without some rumors floating around, and float they do. The first season's winner, Kelly Monaco, was rumored to be having a fling with her hot Russian partner, but that turned out to be just that, a rumor, because he is now married the another hot Russian female dancer who is also on the show. In fact, romance rumors abound on this show, but there is also plenty of controversy. Take for example Marie Osmond fainting last season during her grilling from the judges. I tell you, this stuff can't be written, which is what makes true Reality TV so entertaining. And if you like Reality TV, you'll be happy to know that HELL'S KITCHEN comes back on the air this week. Stand by folks, that review will be coming up shortly.

No comments: